Friday, January 21, 2011

Untouched Beauty

While searching for places I'd love to visit, I came across an island that I simply have to visit.. the Coron Island. The area was listed as one of Forbes Traveler Magazine's top 10 best scuba diving sites in the world for the under water views of the WWII Japanese sunken shipwrecks.
Check these out..

The top three places I want to visit on the Coron Island are; the Coron Youth Club beach,  the Skeleton Wreck, and Twin Lagoon.

The Coron Youth Club beach is known for its pure white sands and clear, shallow water. This is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy your surroundings.
The Skeleton Wreck is perfect for a snorkeling experience like none other. This is the area where you can see several of the Japanese shipwrecks.      Finally, the Twin Lagoon is separated by a limestone cliff (hence, the name 'Twin' Lagoon). To access the other lagoon, it must be low tide in order to pass under the cliff.                      
Now, in order to fully enjoy what all of these beautiful places have to offer, I will need to learn one very important thing.. how to swim. I took lessons when I was only 7 years old, and somewhere along the way  I've lost that (now necessary) ability.
So, ladies and gentlemen, let's add another thing on my list to-do before my departure..

No comments:

Post a Comment