Saturday, January 29, 2011

August brings... thunderstorms??

Interestingly enough, it looks like the PNW rain will be following me to the Philippines. This is the image I hold in my head of my visit:

Instead, my visit may look a little more like this:

It turns out the the month of August is right in the middle of the 'rainy season'. Now, the rainy season includes two things: (definitions according to Wikipedia, of course)
Typhoons- are a storm system characterized by a large low-pressure center and numerous thunderstorms that produce strong winds and heavy rain
Monsoons- the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern

Growing up in the Pacific Northwest, I've grown to accustomed to the rain. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that on some days, I enjoy breathing in the clean, crisp air and the rain pouring down.

However, after a 14 hour flight, I'd like to step off of the plane with the sun on my face and not a cloud in the sky.

Apparently, beggars can't be choosers.

No comments:

Post a Comment