Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Philippines

I’ve always dreamt of taking a few months off after graduating and traveling the world. Seeing new and exciting places, broadening my horizons, and simply experiencing what the vast array of cultures have to offer. Unfortunately, as graduation quickly approaches,  it is time to face reality. Since my school loans will not pay themselves, traveling the world for months will just have to wait.
So, instead of planning months-worth of travel, I’ve decided to plan a much shorter, but nevertheless, exciting trip to… THE PHILIPPINES! My dad was the first person in my entire family to come to the United States from the Philippines, so I figured that this would be the best way to sightsee, relax, and uncover my roots.
Throughout this blog I will explore the many different places I’d love to visit, foods I’d love to try, and family I’d love to (finally!) meet.
(Oh, by the way, round-trip ticket to the Philippines in August is $1161 as of now....)

No comments:

Post a Comment